Corso di Chitarra
dal 25 al 31 Agosto
Was born in Aigion / Greece.
She studied guitar with the guitar soloist and composer Andreas Bazos and graduated with Distinction as guitar soloist. The commission of her examinations consisted of the well known guitar soloists: E. Assimakopoulos, E. Boudounis, K. Kotsiolis, E. Papandreou and M. Razi.
She is also graduate of Classics at the University of Athens.
She has participated in numerous recitals and concerts (chamber and orchestral music) in Greece (Athenaeum-Athens, Museum Gounaro-Athens, Apollo Theater-Patra, Aigio, Kalavrita, Pyrgos, Arta, Argos Argostoli etc), Germany ( Munich-Gasteig & Künstlerhaus, Bonn- Beethovenhaus, Frankfurt-Internationales Theater, Regensburg, Euskirchen-Stadtmuseum etc), France (Strasbourg- Eglise St.Maurice & Eglise Saint Pierre-le-Jeune) and Bulgaria (Sofia-Museum of Crystals & Central Military Club).
She played concerts for solo-guitar and orchestra with the Orchestra of Patras, with the Youth Symphonic Orchestra of Bamberg / Germany, with the String Orchestra of the German School in Athens, as well as with the String Quartet of Patras, the Symphonic Orchestra of “Bavarian Classics”, with the “Metropolitan String Quartet” of Washington DC and the Orchestre Symphonique des Jeunes de Strasbourg.
She gives several concerts with Greek and foreigner virtuosos in various music ensembles, in which she often arranges the part of the guitar.
- Guitar and Flute: with Ulrike Günther (Philharmonic Orchestra of Dortmund / Germany) and with “Munich Flute Duo” (Professors at the Music University of Munich).
- Guitar and Violin: with Serik Sirlibaev
- Guitar and Cello: with Stefan Popov (Cello-Professor in Guildhall School of Music and Drama) und with Svetoslav Dermendjiev
- Guitar and Clarinet: with Schott Wright (Clarinet-Professor at the Centacky University)
- Guitar and Pianoforte with Minako Tsuruta and Markus Kreul.
- Guitar And Voice with Sieglinde Schneider.
Maria Kavouni and the German pianist Markus Kreul have created the music duo for guitar and pianoforte named “audiamour” and give concerts in Greece and in Germany. Due to their repertoire and their virtuosity they make known this rare combination of these two music instruments.
She teaches guitar at the Music School of Patras and Music School of the Municipality of Rio (Patra). She directs a youth guitar orchestra, which collaborates with german youth choirs.
She teaches in Workshops in Greece & Germany.
She has published a CD with the title “ANADROME” for solo guitar with works of the composer Andreas Bazos.